The main class used for communicating with and controlling a connected device.
- AnalogPins Provides access to the analog pin state and cache.
- BaudRate Gets the baud rate that the serial port is configured to operate at.
- DigitalPins The object which controls digital pin state.
- FirmataMajorVersion Gets the major protocol version number reported by the remote device. Null if not reported.
- FirmataMinorVersion Gets the minor protocol version number reported by the remote device. Null if not reported.
- FirmataName Gets the Firmata name as reported by the remote device. Null if not reported.
- IsConnected Returns true, if a connection is active between the computer and the device.
- PortName Gets the name of the serial port that the Arduino object is configured to use.
- SerialPort The serial port that the Arduino is configured to use.
- AnalogPinReportReceived Occurs when a message containing data describing an analog pin is received.
- DigitalPinValueChanged Occurs when the value of a digital pin changes.
- FirmataVersionReportReceived Occurs when a message containing data describing the firmware version used on the target device is received.
- MessagePosted Occurs when an outgoing message is posted on the serial port. Future versions of the library will contain the body of the post in the event data. For now, this is just used for limited monitoring of the application.
- UnknownMessageReceived Occurs when a message is received but cannot be classified. This could indicate a number of things, none of them good. Possible reasons: (1) The target Firmata may be a different version than we're expecting so it's
sending messages in a format we don't understand. (2) The serial port settings used by the application do not match those being used by the connected device. (3) The connected device has a problem and is reporting invalid data. (4) A flaw in this application
is improperly parsing a valid message making it appear invalid.